On 1 July 2020 the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) enters its second phase – CJRS V2.
Key features of CJRS V2
– Effective 1 July 2020 until the closure of the scheme on 31 October 2020
– Only available to employers that used the original CJRS and only for employees they have previously furloughed
– Employees can be flexibly furloughed, enabling part-time working
– No minimum furlough period
– Furlough claims become more specific and must contain details of usual hours (based on calendar days) and actual hours worked. Hours furloughed will be the difference.
– Each claim made must be for a week or more
– No claim period can extend across a calendar month end
– 30 November 2020 is the final date for submitting claims
How much can be claimed?
From August 2020, the level of grant will be slowly tapered to reflect that people will be returning to work, as follows:
If you would like further help or advice, please do get in touch.